I’m in good spirits today. A part of me is anxious to jump into rewrites and the rest is wanting to enjoy spring break with my kids. I may try to fit in both. I kind of ran myself down in the last couple of weeks.
Pushing yourself to meet a goal is one thing, but ignoring your health during that time is plain stupid. I can soooo be stupid. <g>
The reason for my good mood? Actually, there are several.
* Still flying high off finishing the 1st draft.
* I just bought and devoured this book.
I think Patricia Briggs is my new hero. I absolutely love the characters in her books. This is the sequel to Moon Called and when I brought it home Saturday, I nearly had to fight my daughter for first read. If you enjoy urban fantasy and damned good writing, get these books! She manages to make her main character strong, humble and so compassionate, you can’t help but love Mercy. I’m a little envious actually, but derive too much pleasure reading the books to ever stop. <g>
* I got to meet Heather. She is a sweetie–big time. Drove all the way up here for the conference that didn’t happen, but meeting her made my weekend certainly worth it. It’s funny how you can become friends with a person you’ve never met in person. She gave a wonderful ornament with a special message and I hung it right by my computer. 🙂
* Getting to chat with other writers and seeing friends. Hanging with Kelli made the weekend extra special as well. Yacking with the always entertaining Jordan Dane… Listening to the ear splitting rise of excitement that comes from shoving a bunch of romance and suspense writers into a room together.
* Seeing that lineup of authors signing books and for the first time in a very long time, realizing that I could very well be there myself at some point. 🙂